Love Chianti Classico, Bolgheri and Brunello di Montalcino? We do and are dreaming of a Tuscan Christmas!
This holiday season Winerist is giving an exclusive opportunity to all wine lovers in our community to treat themselves to unique offers on award winning Tuscan wines from Barone Ricasoli and Italian produce that will make your celebrations a lot more special. By joining with Winerist the ‘Friends of Ricasoli’ club you will get an introductory 20% off wines plus discounted rates to book their guest house so you can visit them and discover this unique Tuscan gem for yourself.
DELIVERING TOP WINES AND HOSPITALITY SINCE 1141
Barone Ricasoli is a name that has been synonymous with wine since 1141, the oldest Italian winery and the fourth oldest company in the world still ran by its founding family and the first in Italy in the field of wine. Francesco Ricasoli, 32nd Baron, owner and managing director, has been running the family firm since 1993, with the aim of breathing new life into the quality and personality of the great wines of Brolio, experimenting and highlighting the unique features of the territory and its history.
The Ricasoli wines have been praised in the press and awarded many medals over many years, testimony to its history, unique style and quality. Wine Spectator recently selected Castello di Brolio 2006 as one of its top 5 wines in the world and James Suckling offered 96 points to their 2011 vintage.
Winerist has been working with Barone Ricasoli winery over the last year and we have been very impressed with the feedback from our customers in terms of the quality of the wines and the warm hospitality at the Ricasoli winery and the Agresto Guest House.
Wine lovers are really spoilt for choice here with an array of experiences from picnic in the vineyard, sunset tours, olive oil tasting, cooking classes and Grand Cru tours. There is so much attention to detail in every tour, so you can just relax and enjoy. The tours also take you back with a visit the old family house, Brolio Castle, the gardens and even in the private family chapel, which makes the visit an unforgettable experience. The nearby Osteria offers a chance to experience the most authentic flavours of local gastronomic traditions.
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS FOR OUR WINERISTS!
As a Winerist member you can become a Ricasoli friend and be part of of their esteemed ‘Club Amici’ with these exclusive benefits:
- WELCOME OFFER - a special 20% discount on your first purchase online (10% more than the regular discount reserved to our Friends of Ricasoli members) by inserting the promo ‘winerist’ at checkout.
- BENEFITS ON WINE PURCHASE:
- Discount of 10% on all the wine purchase
- Reserved availability of prestigious vintages and limited editions labels
- Exclusive access to purchase "Future" years delivered upon maturation
- Delivery service for wines bought as gifts, with personalized messages
- SPECIAL OFFERS:
- Reservation at Agresto Guest House at a discounted rate (exclusive for Winerist members)
- Free entrance to the Brolio Castle grounds and tasting at the Wine Shop (exclusive for Winerist members)
- Discount of 10% at their restaurant, Osteria del Castello
- 15% of discount off SPA entrance at Resort Castel Monastero*****
- A free private guided tour of the Museum at the Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica Santa Maria Novella(Firenze) the oldest convent pharmacy in Italy
- Free guided visits to the artisan works of Colle Vilca, master glassmakers; 50% discount off the list price+ a further 10% at the Colle Vilca Showroom
- Free guided visits to the Pampaloni factory and shop, artistic silver smith in Florence since 1902; 10% discount off Pampaloni shop prices
STAY AT THE AGRESTO HOUSE
On the top of a hill, south west of Brolio castle, the AGRESTO is one of themost beautiful eighteenth-century farmhouses on the Barone Ricasoli property. The villa was restored and renovated according to the Tuscan country style and now it has a large living room, a cozy sitting room with fireplace and a total of six bedrooms. In the beautiful garden, the guests have at their disposal a large relax area, private swimming pool with a breathtaking view, barbecue and a veranda to enjoy al fresco dinners.
Private tour of the estate, from the historical Brolio Castle gardens tour incredible Cru vineyards and the nto our state-of-the-art production facilities.The tour includes a tasting in a private room of an exclusive selection of our top Cru wines.
Learn the secrets of a Tuscan kitchen with our chef who will demonstrate how to prepare a few authentic dishes with an emphasis on fresh and seasonal ingredients. After a private guided visit of the estate,you will have a complete dinner at the Osteria del Castello.
The only tour which allows you to taste the most important wines produced by Barone Ricasoli inside the actual castle.The highlight is that the wine tasting will be held in the formal dining room inside the castle which is not open to the publicat any time.
OSTERIA DEL CASTELLO
The cuisine in the Restaurant "Osteria del Castello" tells a story of aromas and flavours from Tuscan tradition, particularly the Chianti area, where local seasonal ingredients are treated with elegance, accompanied by Chianti Classico wines and other prestigious Ricasoli labels. The welcoming hospitality highlights the beauty of the natural environments of the Brolio English Wood, which surrounds the Castle.