It’s said that ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’, so with that logic a video must be worth a thousand images. Showcasing the incredible vine-laden landscapes combined with the music and colours of nature, wineries from around the world have created some beautiful videos.
Our selection of top wine videos will amaze you by showing how wine can inspire human creativity, and how music and wine can reflect harmony, beauty and even magic…
1. The Sound of Wine by Tasca d'Almerita - You know how to differentiate the colour of a wine, how to taste and how to smell it, but can you distinguish the sound of wine? We are not referring to the sound made when wine is served in a glass, but the magic of the symphony that is created when skilled artists find the sheet music hidden in wine barrels, glasses and bottles, producing a concert in a winery. Enjoy the special music of Sicily!
2. The ‘Wine Domino Effect’ of Torre de Oña - A simple idea, but with great results; this lovely winery has created a special melody which will amaze you. To look at these hundred of bottles of wine (and a rebel wine barrel) creating music through a domino effect around the beautiful vineyards that surround the cellar of Torre de Oña in Rioja is incredible!
3. Piombaia in Montalcino, Tuscany - If we are thankful to the earth and take care of it by respecting nature and loving the environment, the land will reward us in return. This is a message that is at the forefront of production at Piombaia, a family-run, biodynamic winery dedicated to the vineyards where their prime Brunello and Rosso di Montalcino are produced. In this video you can feel their passion and sense that you are in the heart of Tuscany.
4. Mar de Envero, the Seduction of the Albariño - In this video the wine is the protagonist. The play of light and darkness, the mystery of the music and the strength of the images transmit in a perfect way the intensity and the elegancy of this wine of Rías Baixas.
5. The Refreshing Bubbles of Freixenet - Each Christmas the Freixenet advert is one of the most anticipated. Last year singer David Bisbal and the Spanish actress María Valverde danced with the beautiful Bubbles around the winery showing us the changing trends over the years in the 100th anniversary of the brand.
6. Life Cycle of a Grapevine at Jordan Winery - In this time lapse video we can appreciate how the Cabernet Sauvignon grapevines of Jordan Winery in Healdsburg transform during their growing season. The camera shows in just over 2 minutes the changes of the vineyard from March through to January.
7. The Heart of Virginia Wineries - A wine glass with “a note of devotion, the spice of infatuation, instant attraction and just a hint of true love.” In this inviting video in which only a glass, a wine barrel and the breathtaking views of vineyards feature you’ll learn why Virginia is for lovers.
8. Loving Music and Wine with Wineissocial - This video from Wineissocial is so impressive showing a wine-drawn sheet of music full of emotion and beauty. And for those of you who don’t speak Spanish, the message at the end says, “It is easy to fall in love with music, now you will also love wine.”
9. One Year in 13 minutes, a Short Film about Pago de los Capellanes - In this short, multi award-winning film is the soul of Pago de los Capellanes, a beautiful winery of Ribera del Duero, Spain. See a year flit by in 13 minutes – a labour of love and a dream come true.
10. A 360º Wine Experience by Bodegas Torres - Torres, one of the most famous wineries of Spain, has created an interactive video that shows the landscapes of their vineyards during a day in July, but in a different way. Using the latest technology in virtual reality, you’ll be captured by the immersive 360º experience with a bird's eye view.
Which video was your favourite? Leave your answer in the comments below!