Discover the wonders of the Loire Valley, its splendid Renaissance Castles and delicious wines with this full-day wine tour.
In the morning you will be picked up from your hotel in Paris and travel with your knowledgeable guide towards the Chambord Castle. On the way, bite into flaky croissants while hearing about the winemaking region of Loire and its heritage.
Arrive at the Château de Chambord and enjoy an audioguided tour. Learn the secrets behind this magnificent Castle, constructed by King Francis I of France in the early 16th Century.
Your guide will then drive you along the river, where you will be able to catch a glimpse on other beautiful Châteaux such as the castle of Amboise (Leonardo da Vinci’s last home) and the castle of Blois.
Next, pass through the vineyards of Touraine, Vouvray and Montlouis sur Loire. Admire the colorful landscapes of Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Franc grapes.
Visit a family-run Vouvray wine estate, where you’ll meet the winemaker and enjoy a wine and traditional food pairing meal.
After lunch, discover another family-run winery and depending on availability, taste sparkling white wines, dry and sweet white wines, red and rosé wines. Here, you’ll get to taste authentic Loire Valley wines largely unavailable in the rest of the world.
You’ll be dropped off at your hotel or in central Paris in the evening.
- Round trip transport in a comfortable minivan (with A/C)
- Pick up at your hotel (if in Paris), drop off in central Paris
- Breakfast on your way to Loire valley and bottled water
- Audio guided visit of Chambord Castle
- 3 course lunch paired with wine at a traditional, family-run estate
- Guided visit of an award winning winery of the region + tasting
- Full service of an English speaking & wine expert driver/guide
Pick up at your hotel (if in Paris), drop off in central Paris. You will be asked to indicate your hotel address on the Checkout page.
Any cancellation will be charged the following:
- More than 15 days before the tour departure: 30% of the total travel cost
- Between 3 and 14 days before the tour departure: 70% of the total travel cost
- Less than 72 hours before the tour departure: 100% of the total travel cost
Minimum numbers of bookings required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.