Grape harvest season is one of the most important and exciting times of the year in the Douro Valley. What better way to immerse yourself in the experience than by joining this grape harvest and wine tour.
After meeting your guide in Porto journey east, where the Douro awaits you. As you approach the winery where you will spend the day, you will be surrounded by seemingly endless vineyards. Upon arrival at the winery, make a visit of the estate gardens. Then join the estate oenologists for a wine and appetizers tasting session.
Next, head to the vineyards where you will learn how to correctly pick the grapes. The Douro is famous for still stomping the grapes by foot, so now it’s time for you to contribute to this tradition. Roll up your trousers and join in!
All this activity will probably make you thirsty, so you will step into the Sanctuary of Moscatel to discover the delicious nectar they’ve been making for more than 100 years. To reward all your had work you will enjoy a delicious Douro regional lunch paired with the estate white and red wines.
After lunch depart the winery to visit two of the most beautiful viewing points of the region. Arriving at the Douro River, you will board a traditional rabelo boat for a one-hour-long cruise along the river. Head back to Porto following beside the river for some time, along one of the most beautiful roads of the valley.
Please note: This tour includes a private guide and transportation. However, the river cruise and the winery visit are shared experiences. No wine tasting or other beverages are offered on the cruise.
- Visit to a Wine Estate in the Douro Valley followed by a Wine Tasting accompanied by some snacks;
- Douro River cruise in a typical Rabelo Boat.
- Harvesting the grapes in the vineyard and Stomping them in the lagar;
- Local guide;
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation in the Centre of Porto;
- Regional Lunch paired with White and Red Douro DOC Wines;
- Stop at two of most beautiful viewpoints of the Douro Valley.
- Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning;
- Pick-up and drop-off OUTSIDE of Porto
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your centrally located accommodation in Porto