This full-day wine tour in the Douro Valley begins in Porto, the unconquered city.
The first stop in the Douro region will be at a wine estate in Favaios, where they specialise in Moscatel wine, a golden wine with delicious flavour and subtle aroma. Enjoy the complexity of this dessert wine that blends the Muscat grapes of the region with a variety of fruits.
Next, discover the historic Village of Pinhão where you will enjoy a regional lunch in a beautiful local restaurant. On the way to the restaurant you will have the chance to visit one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the region.
Then, you will visit another wine estate and understand how both Douro DOC Wine and Port Wine are made having the possibility of tasting both styles. Learn how the effects of the region's climate and rich soil influence the grapes, learn about the special storage techniques that result in these distinctive flavors and hear about the preparation of both unfortified and fortified wines.
Continue the tour driving next to the river on one of the most beautiful roads in the world on the way to the third wine estate of the day. This estate is family run and a beautiful example of the range of extraordinary products you can get in the Valley as they produce Douro DOC and Port wine, olive oil and nuts.
- Visit to a Wine Estate near Régua and tasting of Port Wine, Douro DOC Wine, Olive Oil and Nuts.
- Visit to one of the most beautiful Viewpoints in the Region;
- Visit to a Wine Estate near Pinhão and tasting of Port Wine and Douro DOC Wine;
- Regional Lunch in a local restaurant paired with Douro House Wine;
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the Centre of Porto;
- Visit to a Wine Estate in Favaios and tasting of Moscatel Wines;
- Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air-conditioned;
- Pick-up and drop-off outside Porto (extra fee applies)
There is no cancellation fee once customers cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for customers to cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for customers to cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.