We have been feeling inspired to get crafty lately. We would like to challenge you to come up with a creative way to upcycle your old wine bottles, corks or crates by entering our wine upcycle competition.
Step 1: Gather your materials.
Step 2: Get cutting, sticking, painting and crafting.
Step 3: Photograph your beautiful creation.
Step 4: Share on Twitter (tag us @thewinerist using #wineupcycle), Facebook (tag us in the photo) or email us your photo before 28th May 2015.
Step 5: We will upload the most creative entries to our website and open public voting.
Step 6: Voting closes on 3rd June and the winner is announced.
Here are some ingenious ideas to get you started...ready, set, craft!
1. This heart is the perfect way to reuse red-wine-stained old corks and making some unique wall art.
2. If you're feeling green-fingered, you can cut your old wine bottles and fill them with plants to make a distinctive feature in your garden.
3. Recycle your old wine crates by gluing them together and adding caster wheels. Voila! A home-made bookshelf.
4. If you're having a dinner party, why not fill some empty wine bottles with airy lights to make an unusual centrepiece for the table.
5. This is a great idea for a wedding: place name holders made using old, mismatched corks.
6. Jazz up your bottles with paint to make stand-out flower vases like these...
7. This one takes quite a bit of cork collecting but the result is a unique and practical bath mat!
8. Have you always wanted to grow your own veg but never had the space? Try using old wine crates!
We have an amazing selection of wine tours all over the world, to find out more, click the button below or get in touch with us.