Escape the tourist trail in Athens and acquaint yourself with Greek cuisine in the company of your food specialist guide!
This off-the-beaten-path tour showcases a secret side of Athens which lies in the shadow of the famous Acropolis where a kaleidoscope of colours, smells, tastes and textures await. Your totally-passionate-about-food expert guide will lead you past produce stalls bursting with colour, intoxicating spice shops, enticing sweet shops, and of course the bustling central food market of Athens.
Visit various specialty food shops, colourful and alluring delicatessens, aromatic and tempting bakeries and much more where you will sample and taste the most traditional Greek food and not necessarily the Greek food stereotypes such as "Greek salad” or “moussaka".
A genuine Athenian food tour would not be complete without a visit to the vibrant central Varvakeios food market, with its bustling energy and loud bargaining; this dazzling galaxy of fruit and spice, meat and fish will enchant you.
Your guide will knowledgeably lead you through a food stroll and introduce you to small, hidden specialty food shops. They will provide valuable insights both on the unique and intricate culinary heritage of Greece and the famous Mediterranean diet, hailed today as a model of healthy living.
- Food specialist guide
- Food and drinks tastings (at least 18 various foods and drinks)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
All cancellations must be made by your reservations department in writing to the Athens Walking Tours by e-mail.
- You receive 100% refund in case the tour is cancelled 72 hours prior to the start time of the tour.
- You are refunded 50% of the amount in case the tour is cancelled between 72 hours and 24 hours before the start time.
- If the tour is cancelled less than 24 hours before the time it begins, then you are entitled to no refund.