The tour’s first stop is the historic winery of the Monastery of Tzagarolon, this beautiful monastery is set in the picturesque Akrotiri peninsula of Chania. The temple features admirable Byzantine architecture, a folklore museum, and an ancient library of rarities. Taste 4 select wines and one type of olive oil from the monastery’s production while admiring and learning about the wine equipment of the past on display.
After a wonderful and guided stroll through Vinolio's vineyards, enjoy a picturesque drive to the family owned Manousakis Winery to learn about their wines, history, and philosophy. Taste 5 wines paired with olive oil, Cretan bread, and sea salt under their beautiful pergolas.
The experience includes only light snacks, but an optional food and wine pairing experience is possible at the second winery, with a full lunch meze style. Each dish was selected to pair perfectly with the 5 wines to taste.
Extra meze lunch option: 20€ per person.
- Visit the monastery winery and a second family winery
- Taste 9 wines with Cretan rusk and olives
- Guided tour in the vineyard
- Pickup and drop-off from a central meeting point
- Visit of a monastery, its museum and library (self guided)
- All fees, taxes and insurances
- Stroll in the gardens of the winery
- Guided tour in the former production area of the monastery
- Food and Wine pairing lunch at the winery
From Rethymno: Pick up from Crete Wine Escapes Office Rethymno at 8.50am
From Chania: Pick up Talos Square Parking in Chania at 10.00am
• 48 hours prior to departure: 100% refundable (minus transfer fees)
• Less than 48 hours prior to depqrture: Non refundable. In case you desire to change a tour for another there is no amendment fee.
• Please note that cancellation fees are calculated based on the date we receive your signed Cancellation Request Form and travel service start date.
• All cancellations must be made directly with Crete Wine Escapes, not with tour providers.
• In most cases, reservations paid by wire transfer, cash deposit, or money order/traveller’s check/cashier's check will be refunded via the same payment method. If that is not possible then they will be processed via wire transfer. For refunds processed by wire transfer, any associated wire transfer fee will be deducted from the overall refund amount.