Discover Santorini through its foods and flavours with this all-inclusive Greek cooking class at the Selene Restaurant.
Yiorgos Hatziyannakis and Georgia Tsara give an introductory lecture to the cuisine of the Cycladic Islands and Santorini including the unique local products of this beautiful island.
The volcanic eruption that took place in the island of Santorini almost 3500 years ago left the dramatic caldera that you see today. With more than 300 days of sunshine and its rich volcanic soil, the island yields a bounty of unusual indigenous herbs and vegetables including white eggplant, capers and caper leaves, fava (small yellow peas), exquisite baby tomatoes - all grown virtually without water.
Taste cheeses and sausages from several other Cycladic islands, including Naxos, Siros, Ios, Tinos, brought especially for this occasion.
You will then begin the demonstration and cooking lesson, preparing four different recipes including
- Fava with seafood and mastic sap
- Cold tomato soup with cheese ice cream
- Lamb with white eggplant
- "Melitinia" (traditional cheese dessert) with tomato and caper spoon dessert
After preparing the dishes, at about 2:00 pm you will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labours accompanied by a bottle of delicious wines from Santorini.
- All-inclusive cooking lesson
- Transportation costs
All cancellations must be made by your reservations department in writing to the Athens Walking Tours by e-mail.
- You receive 100% refund in case the tour is cancelled 72 hours prior to the start time of the tour.
- You are refunded 50% of the amount in case the tour is cancelled between 72 hours and 24 hours before the start time.
- If the tour is cancelled less than 24 hours before the time it begins, then you are entitled to no refund.