Discover the Tokaj wine route in the most famous historical wine region of Hungary, only two and a half hours from Budapest, with this full-day wine tour.
The Tokaj wine region has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002. Its fame long predated this distinction because it is the origin of Tokaji aszu, the world's oldest botrytized wine, called by Luis XIV and Madame Pompadour as the 'wine of kings, king of wines'.
You will learn everything about Hungarian wines, especially about Tokaj-wines and how the "aszu" is produced.
You will visit a cellar and the Tokaj Museum and taste the legandary wines of the region.
Optionally you can visit:
- Gonc, where the barrels for Tokaj wine are produced sometimes still in the old traditional way, in a nearby village to Tokaj
- Mad Synagogue, the pearl of the Hungarian Jewish Heritage
- Boldogkovaralja, where from the medieval castle's ruins you can capture a breathtaking panoramic view of Tokaj's vineyards and wineries
Please note: The greatest event of the region is the Grape Harvest Feast in Tokaj, usually held every year in October. Please www.winerist.com/bespoke for actual date and programs.
- Visit a wine cellar and the Tokaj Museum
- Private guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Wine tasting
- Entrance fees
Up to 3 days prior the tour 15 %
Within 3 days prior the tour 30 %