Just a short distance outside of Rome you will discover the beautiful Castelli Romani, or Roman Castles - hill towns that surround two incredible volcanic crater lakes, Lago di Nemi and Lago di Albano.
You will visit a renowned winery in Frascati and then, after a stop for lunch at a charming Osteria, explore one of the hilltop towns such as Genzano di Roma or Nemi, where you’ll have the chance to taste some of the local artisanal foods and wines while enjoying the fresh air and breathtaking views.
During the informative walks you’ll also discover the many local myths and secrets of the area, including the mystery of the Lake of Nemi, the temple of Diana, and the truth about Caligula’s ships, as well as the stunning historical elements such as 14th century palaces and ruins of pre-Roman to Roman times.
Please note: If your group is larger than 6 people, please get in touch.
- Lunch at one of Slow Food's top 20 restaurants of Italy
- Winery tour
- Private wine tasting
- Sample local foods
- Transportation by private car
- Local guide
- Anything else not mentioned in "Included"
- €20 service fee per person for cancellations made before 7 days before the tour
- Before 4-6 days of the tour, cancellation will result in a 50% refund
- Tours cannot be cancelled within 72 hours
- Cancelled tours within 72 hours of the tour will not be refunded.
- 10 minute waiting policy
- Late shows will not be given the extra time at the end of the tour, and no-shows will not be refunded. Start time is agreed on the time of booking.