Explore at your own pace some of the most scenic hiking trails of Piedmont, in the Barolo wine region with this self-guided wine and food tour.
The trail is about 8km through vineyards, gravel roads and on parts of paved roads. The first half of the trekking goes downhill and the last part uphill.
The itinerary connects several overlooking spots where you can rest and take pictures. On the other side, the most fit trekkers will workout by increasing the speed on the uphill parts of the trail.
Half-way through, visit a Barolo winery set on a scenic hill crest and its aging cellar. Restore your energy levels with a traditional farmer’s meal consisting of two starters, a selection of cheese and salami and more. Your traditional farmer’s lunch is paired with five wines, including the Barolo wine aged in oak barrels.
The itinerary has been recorded on an online app, easy to use:
- download the app (14 days free trial, then 5€ for three months) on your smartphone
- you will be sent a link (or a QR code) to download the itinerary and follow it on your smartphone or on your Garmin GPS (alternatively, you can also download the trail file and store it into your GPS)
- the app works even offline, wherever there is no reception. You will get sound notifications and vibration every time there is a turn to take or if you leave the set itinerary
- Recorded itinerary on app to be downloaded
- Lunch with bruschetta, 2 starters, salami, cheese, paired with 5 wines, including Barolo
La Morra (loop itinerary)