In this Tour you will get to know two of the most interesting Wine producing regions of Portugal: The Douro Valley and the Vinho Verde Region! The Douro Valley almost needs no introduction, being the oldest Demarcated Region of the World (1756), which was considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2001. This is where Port Wine was invented and still is king, but Douro DOC Reds and White are really standing out too.
On the other hand you have the Vinho Verde Region, a place that started getting popular much more recently with this type of wine that surprises and amazes on the first sip by its refreshing acidity, floral smell and fruitier taste.
The morning will start with a visit to 2 family-owned wineries, where the practice of organic maintenance of the vineyards is very important. Tradition and innovation go hand in hand when it comes to the production of exceptional wines in these 2 wine estates! The guided visit will be followed by wine tastings of Vinho Verde DOC wines.
For lunch, you will be having a 3 course exquisite meal in a winery, where Vinho Verde DOC wines will be served and elevate the meal to another level!
Our last stop will be in another family-owned winery founded in the 20th century, a pioneer winery in the production of DOC Douro wines with a great diversity of grape varieties. A wine tasting of these nectars will close our visit.
Are you ready to explore the regions of Douro and Vinho Verde? You cannot miss this dynamic duo!
- Tour made in a vehicle with air conditioning;
- Bottled Water
- Service of an expert guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Porto
- Stop at two of most beautiful viewpoints of the Douro Valley.
- Visits to 3 Wine Estates and Premium Wine Tastings of DOC Vinho Verde, DOC Douro & Port Wines;
- 3 course-lunch in a Wine Estate paired with their White and Red DOC Douro Wines;
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop-off outside of Porto
Your accommodation or anywhere else in the centre of Porto. Pick-up in a hotel outside of Porto will have an additional fee. For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org