Discover Edinburgh and enjoy visiting one of Scotland's whisky distilleries with your own driver on this full-day tour.
A knowledgeable driver will be at your disposal for the whole tour and will show you the spectacular sights with a focus on Scotland's most famous export: whisky.
The tour starts with the Scotch Whisky Experience, a top Edinburgh attraction situated on the Royal Mile, close to Edinburgh Castle. Learn the story of Scotland's national drink with exhibits and a barrel ride.
Next, you will participate in a masterclass, a great experience for any whisky enthusiast. The session starts with a guided viewing of the whisky collection over coffee and shortbread. A sensory perception test then prepares you for a comparative tasting of one blend, one single grain, and two single malt whiskies and the nosing of a new-make spirit.
Your guide will next take you to visit Glenkinchie Distillery, one of Scotland’s Lowland distilleries, situated in East Lothian, South East of Edinburgh. After a tour of the distillery, you will have the opportunity to taste their whisky.
Finally, enjoy a whisky tasting at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society: a whisky club with a huge collection of whiskies. The Scotch Malt Whisky Society has two locations in Edinburgh. One is on Queen Street and one is in Leith, Edinburgh’s port. You will also enjoy a set menu lunch here.
- Visit to Glenkinchie Distillery
- Scotch Whisky Experience
- Whisky tasting at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Nosing of new-make spirit
- Lunch at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society (set menu)
- Comparative tastings of one blend, one single grain and two single malt whiskies
- Boxed crystal whisky tasting glass
- Private viewing of the World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky
- Sensory perception test
- Complimentary gift
- Tea or coffee and shortbread
- Alcohol with lunch