Discover the Paarl wine valley, in the heart of the Cape Winelands, home to the mighty Paarl Rock, the second largest granite outcrop in the world and the Taal Monument, a tribute to the Afrikaans language, with this half-day cycle and wine tour.
Paarl is a historic town resplendent with natural wonders and some simply superb wine estates.
Set off on your custom-made zebra and cheetah mountain bikes, down onto the main road, past a number of charming cafes and quaint guesthouses with the vineyards rolling down the slopes to greet you!
Make our way off the tarred road and onto Jan Phillips Mountain Drive, which leads into the pristine Paarl Mountain and Nature Reserve, with the jagged peaks of the Paardeberg mountains glistening in the distance. Cycle through this shaded sanctuary, making your way up towards the mighty Paarl Rock.
Climb up the hill, your only real climb of the day and you will be rewarded with magnificent views of the valley below as we near the Taal Monument. Ease your way downhill and into Fairview cheese and wine estate for a sampling of their delicious selection of cheeses and award winning wines.
Continue on a tractor trail, meandering through lush vineyards with unparalleled views - Table Mountain is visible on a clear day. This wonderful trail connects Fairview with Seidelberg wine estate where you will have the chance to try some of their best wines while indulging in a gourmet lunch.
The tour ends in Seidelberg, and you will be shuttled back to Cape Town after the eco-active adventure of a lifetime!
- Two wine tastings
- Visits to two excellent and varied wine estates
- Bikes and all equipment
- Delicious gourmet lunch
- Gourmet canapes
- Tour guide
- Hotel transfers and back-up vehicle
Your hotel in Cape Town.
Cancellation & Refund policy:
1. Rates are quoted per trip per person, in South Africa Rand, and are inclusive of Value Added Tax at 14%.
2. Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time.
3. Cancellations must be received 48hours prior to the scheduled trip departure time to avoid penalties; We issue a 100% refund (less 2.5% processing fee) if these cancellation terms are met; beyond the cut-off time, guests forfeit 100% of the trip fee. No exceptions can be made.
4. In the event of a “no-show” or cancellation see point 3 above.
5. Please note that the cancellation must be made in writing and has not been deemed received by Bike & Saddle unless confirmed in writing by Bike & Saddle.
6. The owners and management of Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to the property or for any possessions of the guest participating in a trip.
7. Please note that departure hours are not flexible; therefore kindly ensure guests are familiar with the trip departure location and time.
8. NOTE: Quote details, including rates quoted cannot be guaranteed prior to payment received. Final confirmation can only be provided once full payment has been made.
The Cancellation fee will be determined according to the policy outlined above. Exceptions to our cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including weather, terrorism, civil unrest or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early.