Discover the El Penedès wine growing region on this small group, wine tasting tour from Barcelona. Hike amongst the rural landscape and around the vineyards, stopping to visit a family-owned organic winery and taste their awarded wines and cava.
Depart from Barcelona and after 45 minutes of driving you will reach El Penedès wine country. El Penedès is one of the oldest wine-making regions in Europe. This region is the most important wine producing area around Barcelona and is best known for its production of Cava (sparkling wine).
Begin your Penedes tour hiking around the vineyards of this beautiful Mediterranean countryside. The path will take you through a landscape dotted with farmhouses and wineries set among vines, where wine-growing is carried out at over 300 wineries. As you hike, your expert guide will explain about the grape varieties of the area, the wine growing traditions, and the history of the region.
There will be a break to enjoy some typical Catalan snacks with beautiful views of the iconic mountain of Montserrat.
Continue to a family-owned organic winery where you will enjoy a guided visit to the cellar and learn about their history and the elaboration process. The visit concludes with a tasting of three wines from their range of white, red and sparkling wines, accompanied with some Catalan snacks.
After the winery visit return to Barcelona around 3pm.
- The hiking distance is approx 6.5km. Please wear suitable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Child price is for children from 10 to 13 years old.
- Wine tasting (3 wines from a range of white, red & sparkling)
- Guided visit to a family owned organic cellar
- Typical Catalan snacks
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Guided hike through El Penedès vineyards
- Transportation in air-conditioned minivan
- Lunch. We recommend to take your own sandwich
- Any personal expenses
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Passeig de Gràcia 26, Barcelona
Fully refundable up until 48 hours before departure time.