Taste cheese at an authentic Idiazabal cheese farm and drink Basque cider from the barrel on this full-day tour.
You will learn first hand from a shepherd about the techniques of cheese-making before tasting the farm's Idiazabal Designation of Origin cheese.
Next, head to a Basque Cider House in Astigarraga, without a doubt one of the towns with the greatest cider tradition in the entire Basque Country.
Here you will enjoy a typical cider house lunch with delicacies such as cod omelet, fried cod with green peppers, “txuleta” (a big rib eye steak), Idiazabal cheese with quince and walnuts and self-serve cider.
At the end of your tour you will be taken back to your accommodation in San Sebastian.
- Guided visit to the Cider House
- Entrance and guided visit to an Idiazabal Cheese Farm.
- Tasting of Idiazabal cheese and other milk products during the cheese farm visit.
- Local bilingual guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Traditional full menu lunch at the Cider House
- Foods and drinks, unless specified.
30 to 16 days prior to tour date: cancellation charge is 20% of the tour cost.
15 to 8 days prior to tour date: cancellation charge is 50% of the tour cost.
7 days before the tour starts: cancellation charge is 100% of the tour cost.