Embark on a historical wine journey through the heart of Georgia’s most important wine region, Kakheti.
You’ll have an early start from Tbilisi, leaving the city behind for vineyards, qvevri, tradition and fantastic wine and food.
Your first stop will be in Telavi which is in the heart of wine country in Kakheti. Here you will visit a local, family-owned producer and enjoy a wine tasting.
Next, visit a charming craftsman whose family has been making qvevri for generations, and learn the qvevri-making process.
Visit the ancient winemaking academy at Ikalto monastery which has recently been revived as a centre of qvevri-making.
Enjoy a delicious lunch and wine tasting at a local family winery. Finally, visit a winery which combines modern and ancient techniques before returning to Tbilisi.
- Wine tastings
- Delicious lunch
- Visit the winemaking academy at Ikalto monastery
- Certified wine guide
- Visit a qvevri craftsman
- Visits to at least 3 wineries
- Tours canceled before 7 days will incur a $5 per person service fee
- Tours canceled 7 day and 48 hours incur a 65% charge for tour
- Tours canceled with 48-0 hours before tour incur 100% charge for tour