Starting from your hotel, your guide will pick you up and our journey to the Duero can start. The drive is about an hour and a half to the world-famous Abadía de Retuerta. This wine project was started by the Swiss group Novartis with the idea of making avantgarde products. They’re now shaping some of the best wines in Spain and are recognized internationally by the most important wine critics like Parker. The winemaker will bring us into the vineyards for a wine safari by Land Rover, we will cover the whole estate and then discover the production line, and finally taste 3 of those amazing blends.
From there we will head to the beautiful town of Peñafiel, an amazing site overlooked by a medieval castle that dominates the village. After having visited all the landmarks you’ll be able to lunch on your own in one of its many restaurants. Our second winery today is the Duero is the quintessence o this wine region: Protos. Here you’ll discover another scale of the winery and how this local family founded the fame of an entire region. This is the absolute Duero experience.
- Professional Oenologist in both wineries
- Visit to 2 Premium Wineries in the Duero region
- Bilingual Professional Local Guide during all the experience
- Transportation by air-conditioned van to Ribera del Duero
- Wine tasting (minimum 3 wines per cellar)
- Visit to a place of historical interest in Peñafiel town
- Food and Drink not mentioned
Your centrally located Madrid Accommodation
Fully refundable up until 24 hours before departure