The wine world is buzzing with the term “natural wine” but without any laws or definitive meaning of what natural wines are, so newcomers will find navigating this movement a touch daunting.
Natural wines are low interventionist wines that come from organic or biodynamic vines, do not use selected yeast and rely on their own indigenous species to fully express the potential of grape and terroir, and winegrowers do not use chemical intervention in the cellar to achieve tannin, acid or colour.
For people outside of the trade this can be confusing, and this crash course in Italian natural wine will help you understand. During the two hour seminar you will taste a variety of wines, discuss the pros and cons of this movement, get to understand what they actually taste like so you can ultimately decide for yourself whether you are a new convert or not.
During this wine course you will taste wines ranging from sparkling to orange and more traditional white and red wines that have been fermented or aged in a variety of vessels such as amphorae, steel and even concrete “eggs.” See for yourself what the rage is all about!
- Wine tasting with an expert guide
- Delicious artisan products
- €20 service fee per person for cancellations made before 7 days before the tour
- Before 4-6 days of the tour, cancellation will result in a 50% refund
- Tours cannot be cancelled within 72 hours
- Cancelled tours within 72 hours of the tour will not be refunded.
- 10 minute waiting policy
- Late shows will not be given the extra time at the end of the tour, and no-shows will not be refunded. Start time is agreed on the time of booking.